What is the best air purifier for allergies
Ion-Charging PlasmaWave Filtration
For buyers on a budget searching for a low-priced room air purifier that actually delivers performance, the Winix PlasmaWave 5300 is a brilliant purchase. While not as effective or tech-enhanced as numerous of the other units on this list, the PlasmaWave 5300 offers some of the best worth of any low-priced unit correct now.
- Thanks to the PlasmaWave 5300’s Energy Star rating, you never own to worry about how much power is being used.
- Unit comes with a replacement indicator light that tells you when you need to replace the filter – before your air quality begins to suffer.
- Three-step filtration process utilizes an odor controlling pre-filter, a TrueHEPA filter, and an ion-charging PlasmaWave filtration.
- Ideal for bedrooms, offices, and smaller living rooms that are up to 350 square feet in size.
>>> Get the BEST PRICE on the Winix PlasmaWave 5300 Air Purifier on Amazon <<<
Slim, Space-Saving Design
Another low-priced but effective model, the GermGuardian AC5250PT is a cost-conscious option for bedrooms and little offices.
While limited to spaces that are 193 square feet or smaller, the AC5250PT delivers a level of performance in those smaller areas that is comparable to units which cost two-to-three times as much.
- Convenient digital display lets you control the unit’s UV-C feature, set a timer for up to 8-hours, and know exactly when the unit is ready for a filter change.
- The AC5250PT is one of the few mid-range air purifiers which offers five diverse speed settings for maximum noise and purification control.
- Lightweight and simple to carry from room to room thanks to a convenient top-mounted handle.
- Easy to hide in an out-of-the-way location thanks to its slim, space-saving vertical design.
- Rated for spaces up to 193 square feet.
>>> Get the BEST PRICE on the GermGuardian AC5250PT Air Purifier on Amazon <<<
360-Degree Airflow System
One of the bestselling air purifiers on the market, the Honeywell 50250-S utilizes a comprehensive 360-degree airflow system to ensure that the air in your home is as clean and allergen-free as possible.
In fact, the 50250-S completely cleans the air in a 390-square-foot room even twelve minutes.
- One of the lightest air purifiers in its class. Weighing in at just 20 pounds, the Honeywell 50250’s air cleaner is simple to move from room-to-room, and even between the home and the office.
- Convenient replacement indicator lets you know exactly when it’s time to replace the unit’s filter, ensuring that you never sacrifice your home’s air quality because of a dirty unit.
- Another of the few air cleaners which comes with a five-year limited manufacturer’s warranty.
- Three speed settings permit you to adjust the purification and noise levels to fit your needs.
- Rated to remove 99.97% of particles that are 0.3 microns or larger in rooms up to 390 square feet in size.
>>> Get the BEST PRICE on the Honeywell 50250-S Air Purifier on Amazon <<<
How Do Air Purifiers Work?
Air purification technology is nothing new.
We’ve been using cloth, cotton, and other mediums for hundreds – if not thousands – of years to hold harmful particles out of our lungs. In the most basic form, a doctor’s surgical mask or the respiratory devices that firemen wear in the field are both examples of air purifiers.
Early generations of electric air purifiers used fan blades and negative pressure to suction contaminated air into the device and through a fine cloth or synthetic filter.
The filter would then trap larger particles floating in the air, resulting in a much cleaner air supply being released out the other side.
Today, air purifiers can trap particles as little as 0.1 micron in size – so tiny that you’d need a high-powered microscope to even see them. While fans are still used to move air around, modern purifiers employ a variety of diverse ionizing and electrostatic technologies to remove not just particles, but also gases and VOCs from the environment.
3-Stage Air Purification
The Coway AP-1512HH is one of the best room air cleaners on the market.
Between its stylish appearance, powerful performance, and reasonable pricing, the AP-1512HH should be at the top of the list for anyone seeking a compact-sized air filter.
- Perfect for rooms, garages, and offices up to 326 square feet in size.
- Don’t desire to worry about getting up to turn off the air purifier? The Coway AP-1512HH comes with a convenient 1, 4, or 8-hour easy-set timer.
- Cost-cutting energy-saver mode automatically kicks in after the Coway air purifier has gone thirty minutes without detecting any airborne particles.
Energy-saver mode switches off once the need for purification has been determined.
- With 3-Stage Air Flow Control, you’ll own full reign over the speed that’s correct for your spatial and purification needs.
- Four-Stage Filtration System includes a washable pre-filter, activated carbon odor filter, TrueHEPA filter, and a vital ionizer.
>>> Get the BEST PRICE on the Coway AP-1512HH Air Purifier on Amazon <<<
Do Air Purifiers Really Assist with Allergies?
The short answer is yes, air purifiers positively assist with allergies.
In fact, effectively cleaning the air in the home has been shown to significantly reduce the severity and frequency of occurrence of allergy symptoms in the majority of sufferers, regardless of whether their allergies were caused from pets, mold, asthma, or pollen.
While air purifiers can be extremely effective in treating even the most severe allergies, they are not a one-stop solution.
That’s because larger allergens love pollen and pet dander only stay circulating in your air for so endless. If not properly filtered out beforehand (like in homes without air purifiers, or those that are not using an appropriately sized unit), these microscopic particles and sink into your flooring and furniture where they will relax until disturbed in the future.
To hold your home as allergen-free as possible, you need to use one of the best air purifiers for allergies to hold your home’s air clean, as well as practice excellent, routine cleaning of carpet, sofas, and anywhere else allergens may reside.
Whirlpool Whispure AP51030K
Eliminates 99.97% of Airborne Allergens
f you’re looking for a mid-sized air purifier, the Whirlpool Whispure AP51030K provides an ideal mix of performance and affordability.
Powerful enough to eliminate 99.97% of every allergens from your home, the Whirlpool Whispure is grand for larger offices, upper floors of homes, and even some smaller apartments.
- This unit comes with a category-leading five-year limited manufacturer’s warranty.
- Want to make certain that no one accidentally adjusts the settings on your air cleaner?
Whirlpool’s Control Lock system allows you to prevent changes being made without first holding below the sleep button for five seconds.
- Ready to go to bed? Turn on the Whispure AP51030K’s Sleep Mode and ensure that you own a noise-free night of sleep without sacrificing the quality of the air in your home.
- Four fan speeds include low, medium, high, and turbo, to ensure that you own full control over the rate of air purification, as well as the level of noise produced by the unit.
- Rated to remove 99.97% of every airborne allergens that are larger than 0.3 microns in size.
- Made to clean the air in spaces up to 500 square feet.
>>> Get the BEST PRICE on the Whirlpool Whispure AP51030K Air Purifier on Amazon <<<